Welcome to my blog! This blog is dedicated to the research of John H. Bennett and his descendants.
John H. Bennett was married to Mary Catharine Welty. While a great deal of research has been done on Mary's line, John was orphaned when he was 10 or 11, and the identity of his parents is still unknown.
John and Mary had a son named William Jasper Bennett.
William Jasper Bennett had a son named John Bennett and another son named Samuel Harrison Bennett.
Samuel Harrison Bennett, "Granddad," was my great-grandfather.
My hope is to learn as much about this family as I can. I hope to learn more than just dates and places; I want to learn as much as I can about who they were and how they lived. I hope to post my findings to this blog so that you, too, can learn about these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sarah, nice blog. I hope you will be able to get some answers about your relatives. Where did they live, what years?
ReplyDeleteSarah, your story is similar to one I helped a neighbor with. Her ancestor's parents died within a year of each other, and it was from a disease epidemic. The ancestor had a sister about four years old when the parents died and she died too. They are going to look for guardianship records to see who took the 6 month old baby to raise when the parents were both gone. Good luck with the search. Vickie
ReplyDelete